Another finished baby quilt. I called this one mini jungle because the fabrics have cute little jungle animals (I am not original with my quilt names…it’s lucky it even has a name).
Here’s the back.
The back view shows the quilting lines, the straight lines are from quilting in the ditch and the yellow curvy lines are from free motion quilted…don’t know what to call them…sort of vines. I was thinking vines and leaves when I quilted them.
And now for the front.
This quilt top was designed to avoid the need to match seams and therefore avoid any need to worry about sewing anything accurately at all…my kinda sewing. The fabric was cut in to 4 inch squares and 2 by 4 inch rectangles which meant that I could easily sew them together in 4 inch wide rows, then just join the rows.
I have a natural dislike for accurate piecing and therefore great admiration for all you quilters who create beautiful intricate shapes with points so sharp you could do yourself an injury if not careful…but that’s not me. But never say never, my animal squares quilt did require more accuracy to match those seam lines, so who knows.
This close up shows my vines, which are quilted in a yellow variegated cotton thread from Gutermann. You can also see the jungly animal prints…co cute.
Fabrics as usual are 100% cotton. I used a wool wadding from Hobbs this time, this was the first time I have used wool. It quilted well, but I don’t think it added anything to the aesthetic of the quilt. It is warmer than cotton so I might just use it for winter quilts.
Lisa at The Quilting Bird.
You might also like to take a look at my Etsy Shop TheQuiltingBird